Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Fisherman's Birthday

Hello Stampers! 
Today I have a Clean and (rather) Simple Masculine Birthday card to share with you. I've used the Jumping Fish (325L) and the Tiny Happy Birthday (1081A) sentiment.


I started by stamping and coloring the image with Copic Markers.  It was cut out using a decorative Nestie Die that fit the image tightly and then I sponged light blue ink along the top edge of the image to create the sky. 



The background panel was matted with green trim and I used an embossing folder to give it texture.  The image was adhered in the center and I added 3 Copper brads to the circles on the far left side.  I embellished the bottom of the image with some natural twine that was wrapped around twice and tied in a knot. Next, I created a tag using the Birthday sentiment as shown and it was adhered just under the twine knot.  The image panel was adhered onto a blue cardstock base that measures 4.45" x 5.5." 

Does Dad like to fish? Don't forget that a card like this could easily be turned into a Father's Day card by just changing up the sentiment. 

Thanks for visiting here today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

OH WOW!Very pretty,Great coloring,Love the stamp...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin