Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

For Your Shower

Here's my challenge card for this week's "Pastels" challenge on the DRS Designs Blog. I know my pink fits, but my blue is stretching it a bit! I didn't have enough baby blue card stock, so "what you see is what you get," as they say! Regardless, it turned out to be a cute baby shower card, don't you think?


All of the stamps on this card are by DRS Designs and were just released over the last few weeks:
Umbrella (817G)
For Your Shower sentiment (835D)
Double Chevron Card Edger (904P)


I colored the umbrella with Copic Markers and then sponged light blue ink around it while it was in a Nestie die.  For the background panel, I stamped the solid Chevron with light blue and light pink ink, and the pink panel was embossed using the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.  In the empty space in the bottom right corner, I stamped the shower sentiment.  This stamp is actually a one-line sentiment, but to fit the area where I wanted the sentiment to go, I cut my cling-mounted stamp so that each word was separate.  Then I arranged them on an acrylic block and stamped them as shown. (I love the versatility of cling-mounted stamps!) 

Don't forget to head over to the DRS Blog and check out the Pastels challenge.  This weeks prize is a set of 3 stamps that include the adorable Playful Pups (1110H) and 2 sentiments to go with them.  

Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

WOW!Very pretty!!!Love your colors,the design is awesome!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin