Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

I Melt For You

Hi everyone, happy Sunday! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! 
Today I'm sharing a fun marshmallow card I made when DRS Designs latest stamps were released.  Their marshmallow collection reminds me of the bon fire traditions my family shares every year. 

Many people associate roasting marshmallows and S'mores with Summer campfires, but it's often too warm for my family to really enjoy them in the Summer.  We have most of our bon fires in the Fall.  Having a bon fire on Halloween night has become a tradition for us. We sit in camping chairs in the middle of our driveway, with a portable fire pit, and  decorate the area around us with our freshly carved Jack O' Lanterns.  While passing out Halloween candy to all the ghosts and goblins who pass by, we enjoy some yummy, ooey, gooey marshmallow treats of our own.  


For this card, I used the new Mini-Marshmallow (493A) to create the background.  I stamped it repeatedly with Versamark.  This little guy is perfect for a background because he really is "mini."  He only measures 0.5" x 0.5"!  The Melt For You Greeting (497B) fit perfectly in the window of an SU! punch and I used it to fill in the empty space in the lower right hand corner of my card front.  I added 2 small rhinestones to dress it up a bit. 

Here's a close up of the Toasting Marshmallow (430L) that I used as the focal image.  I always have to add a bit of sparkle to the flames when I use this image.  The yellow Stickles are perfect here!

Well that's about it for me today.  But, stay tuned to my blog over the next few days.  New stamps are coming out from DRS Designs very soon and I'll have some sneak peeks for you! I'm pretty certain you'll love them! ;-)

Until next time, 
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin