Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Haunted House

While hopping around Blogland lately, I noticed that framing is becoming quite popular with card making.  I really like the look and decided to try Kittie's framing tutorial to create my card for this week's DRS blog challenge-Witches


 I heat embossed DRS Designs Silhouette Haunted House (058P) with black sparkle embossing powder for my focal image. I colored the moon and windows of the haunted house with yellow Copic Markers, and then stamped Small Halloween Greeting (042A) to create the sentiment tag.


  I initially wasn't going to do any more to the card front since I thought it looked fine with the stamped image, sentiment, and the frame alone, but I thought some bat punchies would be a nice touch.  They are from a Martha Stewart punch and I added eyes to them with a white gel pen. I also gave a little texture to them by scoring their wings which gave them a 3D look. (Sorry, I don't remember whose blog gave me this great idea, but if it's you or you recognize the idea, please let me know so I can edit this post to give credit appropriately.) I adhered each of them so that they looked like they were flying above the image within the frame.

Please check out all of the details for this week's witch challenge on the DRS Designs Blog.  They have a great prize up for grabs and one lucky winner will get it just for playing along.  I hope it's you! 

Have a great day!
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin