Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Silhouette Hearts

I seem to be into trying new things lately and for today's card I've made an attempt to create a framed card using acetate/polyester sheets--also known as transparency sheets.  I found this tutorial online for Framed Wall art and decided to try it for my Silhouette Challenge Card for DRS Designs.  



I started by cutting the acetate sheet to about 3.5" x 4.5."  I stamped it with 2 Silhouette Love Hearts (213D) that I overlapped slightly.  Then I split the Engagement Wishes Greeting (069E)  and stamped it above and below the hearts.  The pink frame was created by cutting the center out with a Nestablitity die and I added a white heart brad to each corner.  I adhered the acetate behind the pink frame.  The front of the card base was embossed with a heart embossing folder and I used foam tape to adhere the framed acetate to it.  An elegant white and silver bow finished the card front.

Please check out DRS Designs Silhouette challenge HERE and enter to win 3 stamps of your choice!

If your interested in puchasing acetate sheets or cards you can get them directly from DRS Designs.  

Smiles, 
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin