Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Sympathy Sketch

I'm not really a fan of making sympathy cards, but I try to make them every so often just to have on hand. The sympathy card I'm showing today was made for the sketch challenge that can be found this week on the DRS Designs Blog


 I kept the details to a minimum and used the Many Hearts of Sorrow greeting (598G) for the center of the challenge design. I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder on glossy white cardstock. Then I cut it out with an oval Nestability die and sponged Ballet Blue ink over it in order for the sentiment to become visible.



I matted it on green triangles and added a paper flower on either side.  On my dark blue A2 size cardstock base, I added 2 light blue panels that I embossed with the Swiss Dots folder.  as a final step I added the matted sentiment design to the center of the card.


The winner of this DRS Sketch challenge will get their choice of 3 DRS Designs stamps for FREE! Yes, that's right, not 1, not 2 but 3 stamps for FREE!! Run over HERE and link up your card today!

Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles, 
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin