Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Get Well Tag

Hello, Hello, Have you missed me?  
I apologize that my blogging isn't as frequent as it used to be.  Motherhood has changed a lot for me and my free time just isn't what it used to be.  I stamp and blog when I can and hope that you all are still here with me when I do!  

Today I'm showing off my latest creation for the "Use a Tag" Challenge on the DRS Designs Blog.  


At first, I didn't really have a plan as to how I wanted to carry out this challenge. As I looked thru my box of colored images, this Spring Crocus (1066H) image caught my eye.  It was colored with Copic Markers and I masked it and sponged blue ink around it while it was in a Nestie die which helped to enhance the colors.  Then, after matting it and coming up with the layout, all I had to do was come up with a sentiment tag to pair with it.  I thought that the bright colors in this image gave it a cheery feel and thought it would make a great Get Well card. The tag was created using a portion of the "Cured Yet" Greeting (1015E).  I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the words so they fit perfectly on my tag.


I have to admit, I don't know much about Crocus flowers and when I first received this image I thought they were Tulips, hence the way I've colored them.  So, if Crocus flowers don't come in red, I apologize to all of you who are familiar with them, especially to my Master Gardner friends (you know who you are,  *wink*)  Either way, I just love how this colored image turned out and hope you do to!  

If any of you would like to win your choice of 3 stamps from DRS Designs, take a shot and play along with their "Use A Tag" challenge.  It's a great prize up for grabs! Good Luck to you if you do!

Well, that's it for me today.  More coming soon I hope...

Smiles, 
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin