Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

CAS Easter

Sometimes the best looking cards are those that are the simplest, and right now there's a challenge out there that works best with my schedule nowadays--Clean and Simple!


CAS is the theme for this weeks DRS blog challenge, and this Easter card is my challenge entry. I'm sure it's pretty easy to figure out how I made it, but just in case some of you are looking for a specific detail, here they are:  
I started by making the card base from white cardstock to measure A2 size. Next, the edges were inked with Vintage Photo. I then cut a yellow cardstock panel matted with a thin border of brown cardstock and decorated it with a little twine near the top border. This was adhered to the bottom half of the card front. Next, I stamped the bottom of the yellow panel with the Promise of God's Love Easter greeting (974F). I used the Triple Crosses (510G) as the focal point, which was stamped in Momento Cocoa Brown ink, and adhered it to the center of the card with foam tape after matting it with brown cardstock. A small bow made from twine was added to the right of the image and a few yellow rhinestones were added along the decorative panel to dress it up a bit.

I know I inked alot on this card and I added some embellishments that I could have easily omitted and still had a nice looking CAS card, but this card really didn't take me too long to make. Compared to most of my cards, this is CAS for me and I guess you could call it QAE too--quick and easy!

If you have a few minutes to create a CAS card, the DRS DT would love to see it. Link it up HERE to enter and win free stamps from DRS Designs.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing my work. I appreciate your visit!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin