Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Luck O' The Irish

I know this is a busy week for all you Irish folk out there.  Things are turning more and more green around here and I'm not just talking about the flowers coming up.  Can you believe it's almost St. Patrick's Day already!?!?!?


To help celebrate the holiday, I created this card for DRS Designs Yellow, Black, and Green color challenge.  I colored the Hatfull of Shamrocks (205K) with Copic Markers and matted it with black cardstock.  Then I created the backgrounds by stamping the Celtic Knot (651D)  on yellow cardstock with So Saffron ink.  I added the sentiment from the One Line Luck O The Irish Greeting (206D), but took the shamrocks off the ends and used them to create my background paper for the bottom half of the card front.  I stamped them with Garden Green ink.  Next, the background panels were decorated with the Treading Water border punch. I used black cardstock for my A2 cardstock base and then arranged the stamped backgrounds as shown, separating them with a strip of black grosgrain ribbon.  


I adhered the matted image in the center between both panels and simply embellished the front with a beautiful yellow bow and some sparkly yellow Stickels on the buckle, and this St. Patty's card was complete! 

Happy St. Patrick's Day and may the Luck O' the Irish be with you today and always!

Smiles, 
Jennifer

1 comment:

Karin said...

Love the green and yellow color combo and the coloring on the image is great!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin