Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Stain Glass Happy Halloween

Whenever I have a decent amount of time in my stamp room, I like trying new techniques and card styles whenever I can. I use the resource list from SCS often and recently found the Stained Glass Window technique. I used it to create this Halloween card.


I stamped this adorable Jack O'Lantern and Black Cat image from Serendipity Stamps on vellum with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with fine black embossing powder. Then to create the look of the stained glass I turned the image over and colored the back side of it with Copic Markers. I used a vellum glue stick to then adhere it to a white piece of cardstock. Using the Happy Halloween stamp (042A) from DRS Designs, I created the sentiment tag the same way.

The black panel was trimmed using a decorative border punch and then run thru my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I added 3 orange brads to the far right side and then adhered it to an orange cardstock base. I added purple and white polka dot ribbon to the top of the black panel with a knot and layered the colored image to the left side of the card front. I placed the sentiment tag as shown and then added 4 black rhinestones above the image. I really like the stained glass look. I'm eager to give this a try on a Christmas card. Have you ever tried this technique? Let me know if you have a send me a link if you can. I'd love to see your stained glass work!

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Karin said...

I have never tried this technique...Very cool!

Janett said...

Beautiful card

Chrissy D said...

Such a cool technique! Love the striking color contrast! Wonderful work!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin