Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Stockings Were Hung...

...by the chimney with care, with hopes that St. Nicholas would soon be there!

Are you familiar with the story "Twas the Night Before Christmas?"  This new I Scene A Stocking (857L) stamp from DRS Designs reminds me of that story. 


This is one of DRS Designs new Christmas stamps that is now available for purchase. I really enjoyed coloring this scene with my Copic Markers and for a bit of Christmas sparkle, I added a lot of Stickles to the top of the stocking.


Because this stamp is so involved, I used it as the focal point and kept the rest of the layout very simple. I cut the stocking image out and adhered it to a red panel that was embossed with polka dots and matted with green cardstock. To bring out the light beige colors in the scene, I placed 3 horizontal beige panels on top of a dark brown card front that was also embossed with polka dots for the background. I stamped the One line Merry Christmas (364B) on the bottom of the lowest beige panel. The card front was then adhered to an red A2 size cardstock base.

Well, I have a good start on my Christmas cards, do you? Make sure to check out all of DRS Designs Christmas stamps to help you get started!


Happy stamping!
Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Karin said...

Your coloring is fantasic and I love the layout too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin