Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Spring Bird Bath

I've been so busy lately that I didn't even realize that we change the clocks this weekend until my son's teacher brought it up in class yesterday. Despite what majority of us see out our windows and what we feel when we're outside, it must mean that Spring is near. Right?!?!? At least it's a step in the right direction--Mother Nature has been cruel to us this Winter!


It was nice to create a card with a Springtime feel! I made this for DRS Designs "For the Birds" weekly Blog challenge. This is a sneak peek for one of the new Spring stamps that DRS Designs will have available for purchase very soon.  The Bird Bath stamp (1127H) was colored with Copic Markers and sponged with yellow ink while in a Nestie die. Unfortunately, it is difficult to see in this picture, but I also used Diamond Glaze on the water to give it a realistic effect.  I paired this image with the Spring Is Creeping Verse (759H).  In order to accommodate both the image and the verse, I had to make this card a bit larger than usual. The finished card size is 6" x 4.5."

The first line of this verse explains our weather perfectly right now--Spring is creeping toward us, yet the only way we know this is by the calendar.  It will be nice when the outside temps reflect this as well!

Hope you've enjoyed my post today.
Have a wonderful day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin