Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Blessings

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who are celebrating this wonderful holiday today!

We have a big family party planned for today and our house smells wonderful with the turkey in the oven! How are you celebrating today?

Here is a card I created from inspiration I found on Pintrest for today's challenge on the DRS Designs website, Happy Thanksgiving. I love the simple layout and how the twine is wrapped around the background banner.


I started first by coloring the Autumn Wreath (429M) with Copic Markers and then I carefully cut it out. Next, I assembled the card base using Kraft cardstock. I wrapped the twine around the red banner, adhered it in place and used a corner rounder on a small piece of dark brown cardstock. Then I ran it through the Swiss Dots embossing folder and adhere it inplace on top of the red banner. I placed the wreath in the center and added a small twine bow to the far left side. As a finishing touch, Thanksgiving Blessings (637E) was stamped at the bottom of the cardstock base.

Well, that's it for me today. I'm off to spend some quality time with our family and cherish all that we are thankful for.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin