Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Classic Turkey Thanksgiving

Can you believe it's the middle of November already?!?!?! With that, Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away and, dare I say it, Christmas is only about 6 weeks away! Have you made any Thanksgiving cards yet? 

I created this one for this weeks DRS Designs Blog challenge, Rip Torn. We are to use ripped or torn paper on our project.  This is also to show off DRS Designs new Classic Turkey image (1033H) and classic it is! I just love this image and I love how his feathers turned out colored with Copic Markers! 


I started with an A2 dark brown cardstock base.  The card front was embossed with the swiss dots folder on the lower half and the Thanksgiving Arc (050E) was stamped near the upper portion. I used a corner punch on all 4 corners and distressed the edges with brown ink.

For the middle panel I stamped the Polka Dot Background (688P) on ivory cardstock and ripped the bottom edge. Then, I used a decorative border punch on the red cardstock panel and ripped the bottom layer of that as well. I simply tied some red and white twine to the middle before adhering it to the card front.  Finally, I added some dimension to the the card front by adhering the turkey image with foam tape. 

I appreciate you stopping by today and hope that you'll play along with our Ripped Torn challenge. Check out all the details HERE, including the great prize DRS Designs is giving away this week.

Have a great day! 
Gobble, Gobble!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin