Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Turkey Woes

Our Thanksgiving preparations are underway! How are yours coming along? We are having about 35 people at our house for Thanksgiving this year, so we have been busy straightening up our basement, setting up tables and chairs, and decorating.  Luckily, I don't have to cook--Thank God for Moms and Grandmas who take pride in that, otherwise I would be way over my head! Unfortunately for the Turkey on today's card, we are having turkey with all the fixin's for our meal.


I created this card for the Turkey challenge that can be found on the DRS Designs blog this week and for this weeks Ways to Use It Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  The image I used is DRS Designs Turkey Propaganda (499H).  I colored it with Copic Markers and then masked it, creating a stencil so that only the sign was showing and sponged it with light brown ink. Then I masked the entire image and sponged yellow ink around it.  The background panel was created by stamping the new Material Maker Square (583L) repeatedly to create a pattern.  A decorative border punch, few silver brads, and some beige grosgrain ribbon were used to embellish this card.  Finished size is 5.5" x 4.25."

Until next time, Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin