Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Let Freedom Ring!

Wow!  Can you believe it's the last week in June already!?!? This year is just flying by, but I admit, I am enjoying the nicer weather.  Dare I say that it won't be long before we are getting out our Winter coats and waiting for the man in the big red suit! But, we won't go there just yet--Summer is just beginning and the 4th of July holiday is next weekend! Are you ready for the BBQ's and fireworks?

Today's card was made using the new 4th of July stamps from DRS Designs.  While I was making this card, Hubby came in to see what I was working on, so when it was finished I thought I should show it off to him.  He *liked* it, but he did add his two cents in and say that he thought it should have been done in red, white, and blue. 


Well, I'm not exactly sure what made me color the Liberty Bell (800H) yellow to begin with (maybe I *was* thinking Christmas bells!) but, I don't think it would have seemed realistic if I colored it red or blue!  I colored it with Copic Markers and then masked the edges around the bell with Post-It Notes and shaded around it with light brown ink.  I love that framed look this technique creates! The background was stamped with the Interlocking Star Background stamp (819H) with yellow ink and I added the Let Freedom Ring (802D) and Happy Independence Day (822D) sentiments.

Well, that's about it for me today--still waiting on this baby to make his or her arrival.  I'll keep you posted!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Karin said...

I love your bell and the layout too! If the baby waits a few days it will be a 4th of July baby! Not a bad thing to have fireworks on your birthday every year :)

Chelsea said...

Was hoping that you were ringing the bell that the baby was here!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin