Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Freedom!

Hope you're all having a wonderful holiday weekend and that the weather is cooperating with all of your Summer plans where you are!  Here in Michigan we're expecting a very sunny and hot 88*F.  Perfect for all of the pool parties and BBQ's, and better yet, no rain expected for the fireworks display at night!

So, after my previous post where my Husband thought my "Let Freedom Ring" Independence Day card should have been done in red, white, and blue, I decided to take his advice and use those colors for today's card.  All of the stamps I've used here are by DRS DesignsI created the Polka Dot paper using the Polka Dot Background (688P) and then lightly inking the edges with blue ink.  I stamped the Independence Day Sentiment (822D) below a matching blue ribbon and added 3 red brads near the top to add a pop of color. 

The Freedom Cannon (814L) was colored with Copic Markers and I used Waterfall Stickles to add some sparkle to the fireworks.  Simple, yet festive wouldn't you say?

Thanks for taking the time out to stop by here today!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin