Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, July 22, 2011

As Another Year Flies By!

Did you know DRS Designs has stamps for your envelopes too? Check out the Envelope Art section of the catalog to see their address labels and postage frames.  Here's a birthday card I made using one of the postage frames. 

I've used the Butterfly Vine as the focal point on my card front and added the Butterfly Ribbon Slide (681D) to the postage/photo area.  Both were colored with Copic Markers.  I stamped, cut out, and colored 2 of the butterflies and overlapped them.  I added 3 brads to the butterfly bodies to hold them together and adhered them in place to give the illusion of a "flying" butterfly.


The card front was stamped with the "Another Year Flies By" Greeting (489F) that I split up to fit my layout.  An embossing folder, a decorative border punch and some rhinestones created a very elegant birthday card.  Wouldn't you agree?
Hope you all have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Love the dimensional butterfly

Karin said...

Oh My! This card is so beautiful Jennifer! I love the color and the dimention of the butterfly!

Brenda said...

Absolutely beautiful design. Love it!
Hugs~Bren

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin