Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome!

Happy Monday!
Hope you all had a great weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day to all you Mother's out there!!  Here's a "Welcome" card I made for new neighbors!  Spring is a great time for new beginnings and I've seen several moving trucks in my neighborhood recently.

 The one line Welcome stamp (737B) used here is from DRS Designs latest release.  I love this Shoe House (1069L) stamp and it's fun to color too! It's perfect for a card like this!


I colored the Shoe House image with Copic Markers and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo ink.  The decorative horizontal panel was first stamped with the new Polka Dot (688P) Background and then I used a border punch to dress it up.  I distressed the edges of this panel as well before matting it on a dark brown piece of cardstock that was punched with the same border punch. I added gathered ribbon across the center and then tied the end with a small piece of hemp jewelery cord around it to match.  Some dark brown brads and a decorative corner punch made this card front complete.  Finished card size measures A2 size, 5.5" x 4.25."

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Karin said...

Great coloring and I love all the details and fab border punch!

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Jennifer, love the image
Clairexx

Samantha said...

Love this, Jennifer. The coloring is fantastic, as usual!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin