Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Birthday Balloon!

Hi Friends!


Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Weekend! I had to work a couple shifts at the hospital this weekend, but I was able to enjoy being off yesterday and today. I spent part of yesterday stamping and preparing for DRS Designs next promotion.


Do you remember the Stamp-A-Day Giveaway from last year? Yep, we're doing it again throughout the entire month of June. All you have to do is visit the DRS Designs Blog every day -starting today- and leave a comment to enter to win a FREE stamp! Then make sure to check the blog again the next day to see the winner's name announced and the stamp that they've won. It's that easy! You can find all the rules HERE.

I am also still playing with stamps from DRS Designs latest release and created this birthday card yesterday too. I've used the Giant Open Balloon (712P), the Brush Birthday Greeting (761H), and the Birthday Sheet Music (763P).



Overall, this card was really easy to make. I paper pieced the balloon and then stamped it with the Birthday Sheet Music. I tied a piece of twine to the balloon opening and allowed it to hang free. The background took me the longest, but once I got started it was fairly easy to complete. All I did was create a cloud stencil from a piece of scrap cardstock and then sponged around it with blue ink to create a cloud-filled sky. I stamped the Brush Happy Birthday in the lower left corner and then placed the balloon as shown above it. After punching the corners with a decorative corner punch, I matted the card front to black cardstock and then adhered it to a blue cardstock base. Finished card size is A2-4.25" x 5.5."

Well, that's it for me today. Make sure to run over to the DRS Designs Blog to enter to win a free stamp for the first day of the giveaway!
Good Luck!

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Love that big ballon!

Karin said...

The sheet music balloon is so cool! Awesome idea and your clouds came out beautiful :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin