Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First Holy Communion

 Today I have a Communion card I made for my Godson to share with you.   He made his First Holy Communion a couple weeks ago and I was so glad to see that DRS Designs had the perfect stamps so I could make him a card.  I'd much rather make the cards I give away then buy them.  It's a lot more fun that way too!

The first step I did in making this card was heat emboss the Praying Boy Silhouette (899F) with black embossing powder on light blue cardstock.  I matted it with a white cardstock scalloped oval to use as the focal point on my card front.  I stamped the First Holy Communion Greeting (913G) with black ink on white cardstock and inked the edges around it with light blue ink.  I created the card front from black cardstock that I dry embossed to add a little texture to my card.  I assembled the stamped pieces as shown and used the notched corner punch on all 4 corners.  I added a light blue ribbon and 3 light blue brads as embellishments and then threaded metallic silver string through the notched corners. The entire card front was then adhered to an A2 sized light blue cardstock base.  

I decorated the inside similar to the card front.  On white cardstock I used the notched corner punch on all 4 corners, inked the edges with light blue and I also added a strip of light blue ribbon near the bottom.  I stamped the Communion Greeting (401F) for the inside message.  
  
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin