Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is right around the corner and you can never send out too many! Here's another of my recently made cards.  All of the stamps on this fun card are by DRS Designs

I created the background by stamping the Filagree Heart (599E), alternating it upside down and right-side up, with black ink on smooth pink cardstock on the upper half of the card front.  I used a red Copic Marker to color in parts of the heart design.  Under the Filagree Heart design, I added a score line and then stamped the I Love You greeting (608B) on the right side directly underneath it.  Then I stamped the Small Happy Valentine's Day greeting (603C) below it, closer to the bottom, and added white grosgrain ribbon tied with a small red satin ribbon between the two sentiments.

The layout I used for this card follows SC313 from about a month ago.  What's unique about this design is that the big Girl Swirl Heart (597G) is attached to the vertical white panel.  It's a form of the Out-of-the-box technique.  I used a decorative heart border punch on the left side of the vertical panel and placed a small strip of red cardstock behind it to make the tiny hearts more visible.  I laced the small satin red ribbon thru the heart punch, at the top and bottom of the white panel, to add some color to it.

Stay tuned to my blog for Monday...DRS Designs is getting ready for their next release.  I'll be showing off a sneak peek of what's to come!
 
Hope you all have a great weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin