Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Spirit of Masking!

I am well on my way with my new Sewing Saturday feature, and I'm glad to report that I've stayed on top of my goal! Here's my second Sewing Saturday card for ya!


All of the stamps used here are by DRS Designs. I went on a Masking Spree to create this card! I used Spencer the Not So Spooky Ghost (408D) and the Small Ghost (191C). I created a bit of depth by adding gray shadows to them, and I highlighted their mouths with Copic Markers.
Before I added ghosts to the right side of the scene, I framed off a small area for the second half of the "Get In The Spirit" greeting using a Nestability die. I sponged charcoal ink around the edges and colored in the word "Spirit" with an orange Copic Marker. I then covered it with a mask and finished adding the ghosts around it. I then used a black Copic marker to fill in the spaces between all the ghosts.



I added a black and silver decorative border, and black and white ribbon to the top of my card front as shown. Sewing came into play by adding small orange zig-zag stitches to the top and bottom of the ribbon to complement the orange in the word "Spirit". My card front was then adhered to a black cardstock base.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween!
Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Karin said...

Totally cute! Love how you colored the mouths on the ghosts to match!!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, this is so sweet!! I love all of these ghosts!! Super job!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin