Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Get In The Halloween Spirit!

Hi Friends!
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! I've been stamping all week with some of DRS designs new Halloween stampsHere's one of my favorite Halloween cards I've made so far. 
Please let me introduce you to Spencer, the Not So Spooky Ghost (408D)!   I stamped him twice on white cardstock, and masked one of them so that I could create the background behind him using the Empty Spider Web (329G).  I used Copics on the second image to give him a bit of shadow and some pink lips and then adhered it on to the first image for added dimension.

I created my own patterned paper for the background panel using the new Eeeeek Background stamp (402H).  On both background panels I distressed the edges using Charcoal chalk ink to create a smoky and spooky look.  What could be paired more perfectly with Spencer than this Spirit of Halloween Greeting (389F)?  This is also one of DRS Designs new stamps.  I used several black petite brads and a black grosgrain bow to embellish this card perfectly. 

So, if Spencer isn't a spooky ghost, I guess that makes him a friendly one, right?  Just look at that face...of course he's friendly! He's just too adorable to be spooky!
Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

PS: Don't forget about DRS Designs new contest?  It's where you win FREE stamps first before you even get entered, but it's "By Invitation Only!" Check out all the details HERE and submit your nomination today!

2 comments:

Karin said...

Totally adorable and I love the stamp combinations you used to create it!

Laura Evangeline said...

OOO! So cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin