Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Chips Ahoy

 The Chips Ahoy challenge on the DRS Designs Blog this week got me out of my comfort zone. I've never used a paint chip before when card making, but I love it and have been inspired to use them more often!


I started with an A2 dark green cardstock base. Then I cut off the writing on each paint chip and used each shade to create a pattern on the bottom of my card front. I embossed them with the Swiss Dots folder for texture and simply embellished my card with polka dotted green ribbon.  The top of the card front was decorated by stamping the Four Leaf Clover (890A) repeatedly with watermark ink. I didn't think it was appropriate to have a St. Pat's Day card without a Shamrock on it some where. The background was perfect for this! The main focus of my card is the Blessings Outnumber Irish Greeting (1100G) which was stamped in dark green ink, die cut, and then sponged with a lighter shade of green ink while still inside a Nestie die. I adhered the greeting with foam tape for some added dimension.  

Have you ever used a paint chip while stamping or card making before? Let the DRS DT inspire you and enter the Chips Ahoy challenge today to win! :-)

Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin