Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Take Time Peacock Feather

Hi Friends! Hope you all had a great weekend!
I had to work and I spent the rest of the time cleaning and organizing around the house. But that's ok because today is my play day! I'm off of work today and gettin' inky!


For this card I went out on a limb and played with embossing powder and alcohol inks. My alcohol inks haven't seen the light of day in forever. It was fun to play with something different for a change!  

I heat embossed the Peacock Feather (197H) with white embossing powder on glossy cardstock. I then sponged ink over top of it to color the background with shades of blue, lavender and a touch of green.  I stamped the Time For the Dreamer (1024E) sentiment on metallic gold cardstock. The card front background was sponged with alcohol inks to match in shades of a real peacock feather. The yellowy color you see is metallic gold, but unfortunately this picture does do the background justice. It's so pretty in real life!

Well that's it for me today! Until next time, 

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

WOW!Very Pretty!Love how you used your alcohol inks,AWESOME!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin