Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fishing Jerk

Yeah, it's Thursday! Not too much longer before the weekend is here! If you're planning on getting a bit inky this weekend why don't you check out the DRS Designs Blog for some inspiration?  There's a new challenge on the their blog today and theme is "Go Fish."

When I learned of this challenge, I couldn't resist using the Fishing Jerk Greeting (276G) from DRS Designs. It totally cracks me up! It makes for a great masculine card.  Sometimes I wish I had a Brother or Brother-In-Law who loves to fish--it would make a great birthday card for him! (and the reason I say "brother" is because 1.) I don't have any and 2.) I think you can only get away with this type of humor with a sibling...in my opinion, of course!)


As you can see, I split up the greeting so that it fit the layout on my card.  The image I used is the Proud Catch Fisherman (765K).  That goofy grin on his face makes me chuckle too! I colored him and his background with Copic Markers and I embellished the left side of it with 2 gray buttons that I threaded with natural twine.  Finished card size is 4.25" x 5.5."

Well that's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Super cute card!Love the image,coloring is great!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin