Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, June 3, 2013

My Father, My Hero!

What could be more perfect than a shirt and tie card for Dad this Father's Day? I've seen these origami cards in galleries in the past and had to give it a try. I created the card below using this tutorial.


After folding the smooth green cardstock to form the shirt, I used the Argyle Background (438P) and the Argyle Diamond (441A) to create the pattern paper I wanted to use for the tie. Next, I used the tie tutorial to add the argyle tie to the shirt. I stamped the right side of the shirt with the Fathers Big and Small Greeting (873G) and used the "Happy Father's Day" portion of the Father's Day Greeting (782G) for the left side of the shirt. I added 2 white brads to the shirt collar for buttons and then the shirt was then adhered to a 5.5" x 5.5" dark green cardstock base.  I hope Dad like's it! 

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,Love the sentiment!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin