Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sympathy Pines

Well, we all know that it's better to create sympathy cards ahead of time rather than trying to make one when your heart is heavy. The Sympathy challenge on the DRS Designs Blog this week is the perfect opportunity to work on a few.

I didn't have a lot of time when I sat down to make my challenge card. I knew coloring an image was out of the question and since I haven't played with glossy cardstock in a while, I decided to get it out and do a little heat embossing.


I heat embossed the Silhouette Majestic Pines (757L) with black embossing powder and then sponged it with blue ink for the sky and green ink for the ground. I used a yellow Copic Marker for the moon. The Tiny With Sympathy sentiment (263A) tag was also heat embossed and sponged with ink. I added a dry embossed layer of polka dots to the background and each layer was matted with black.  The light blue cardstock base measures 4.25" x 5.5."

I hope I've inspired you to stamp today! Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin