Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Snow Doubt About It!

Need an idea for a Winter birthday card? Here's a CAS one I recently created with stamps from DRS Designs. The Snow Doubt Birthday Greeting (964D) is a new release.


I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and then stamped the Interlocking Snowflakes (015H) with blue ink around it. Next, I created the blue layer by heat embossing the Interlocking Snowflakes with clear embossing powder and then sponging it with blue ink. I used a decorative border punch on the bottom and then embellished this layer using the Snowflake Ribbon Slide (932D). It too was heat embossed however I used white embossing powder instead and then I cut out the center so that I could slide it on white grosgrain ribbon. I added a blue gem to the center and then wrapped it around the snowflake background. The 2 layers were adhered together as shown and a white brad was added to each of the upper corners. For the final step I attached the card front to a blue cardstock base. Finished card size is 4.25" x 5.5".
Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Chrissy D said...

This is such a sweet SNOW flake card!!! SO CUTE! Wanted to pop in and wish you a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin