Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Butterfly Take 3!

If you're a regular follower of my blog than you've probably read my post from last week explaining my latest love of the Butterfly Ribbon Slides from DRS Designs. Here's another take using them.   


For this Birthday card, I stamped the Polka Dot Background (688P) to create my own patterned paper.  I stamped the butterfly twice and colored it with Copic Markers and then cut each one out.  I layered one on top of the other and attached them together using 3 black brads.  I love how the brads make it look like the butterfly's body.  Then I just bent up the wings of the top butterfly to give it a 3D look.  The Another Year Flies By sentiment (489F) is perfect for a card like this with these layered butterflies, I couldn't help but use it again!

If you missed the yellow and blue butterflies, please make sure to check them out.  I promise you won't be disappointed!  Stay tuned, I still have one more set of the Butterfly Ribbon Slide to show off and it will be here soon!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Samantha said...

This is beautiful, Jennifer. The butterfly looks so delicate, yet bold in red. Excellent card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin