Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Get Well Soon

A few weekends ago I went to the Stamping and Paper Arts Festival in Novi, Michigan put on by Heirloom Productions.  I met up with Sue from DRS Designs and helped with the Make n' Take project, which was a lot of fun.  I also walked around gathering ideas and doing lots of shopping myself!  One of the projects I was inspired by was stamping on vellum, coloring the image with water color pencils and blending the colors with a Dove Blender Pen.  Last year at the show I bought a package of vellum that I had yet to use, until now! It was a nice change to use something other than my Copic Markers. 
Here's my card using this technique. 


I created this Get Well card using stamps from DRS Designs.  I first stamped the Daffodil Frame image (104P) with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it using Black Sparkle Embossing powder.  Next I used Watercolor EcoPencils by Faber-Castell to color in the image and then used my new Dove Blender pen to blend the colors. I adhered the image to white cardstock, cut it out, and matted it as shown. 


The background was stamped with the Polka Dot Background stamp (688P) with Versamark ink and I used "Get Well Soon" from the Blooming with Good Health Greeting (055G).  I simply embellished this card using a few brads and a turquoise organza ribbon to match.    I love the way the image looks a bit like stained glass.  I hope you like how this card turned out, I do!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Karin said...

This card is over the top fabulous! Love the glitter in the embossing :)

Samantha said...

Boy, when you get inspired, you don't mess around! Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin