Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, April 25, 2011

You're on my mind

No one likes to make Sympathy cards, but unfortunately every now and then we need them. I prefer to have them made up ahead of time--it seems to make having to use them a bit easier.  I made this one recently using the new Background Branch (721K) from DRS Designs.    


I didn't even know this stamp was a "background" until I started writing this post. Regardless, colored with Copic Markers, it's made a lovely focal image for this sympathy or thinking of you card.


If you look closely, you'll also see that I clear embossed the white background with the brand new Polka Dot Background (688P). I then distressed the edges with light green ink which helped make the polka dots more visible. I stamped the Mind and Prayers Greeting (676F) with green ink at the bottom of the card front. Since I think simple is better for these types of cards, I kept the embellishments on the simple side: a few matching brads, a decorative border punch, and some elegant ribbon pulled everything together nicely.


Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Love this ... Very sweet and simple

Samantha said...

Such a soothing card Jennifer. Really lovely.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin