Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

S&D #21 Baby It's Cold Outside!


And at 16 degrees this morning, it's more like "Baby, It's FREEZING outside!"

The Sunflowers and Dragonflies DT would like to see all your Snowy and winter creations to go along with our theme this week.




My challenge card uses the Christmas Fairy image from Sunflowers and Dragonflies new Winter Fairy Collection.   I colored her with Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol and Copic Markers, and I added Stickles to her wings to make her glisten.  I applied a snowflake punch out to 2 opposite corners of the image and added a blue spiral clip with sheer blue ribbon to the upper right corner.  The card front background was embossed with the Cuttlebug Snowflakes Embossing folder.  I created the sentiment tag using different Nestabilities and  stamped the sentiment by Impression Obsession with SU! Brilliant Blue ink. The plaid Paper is from a DCWV Stack 5 and the snowflake ribbon is by Offray.

The new Christmas Fairy images are now available for purchase.  You can find all 4 of them HERE.


Deadline for this challenge is next Friday December 18th.
To be eligible for this weeks prize drawing, please post a direct link to your challenge project from either your blog or an online gallery to the Sunflowers and Dragonflies Blog, specifically on the Challenge #21 Blog Post, so we can view it. If you upload to an online gallery, please use the keyword SD21.


Make sure to check out the Cake projects from the other DT members:


Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Jen, this is so beautiful!! Love the glittery wings and the blue tones!! :) HUGS

Beth Norman said...

So pretty. You did a wonderful job with this image. Love the shimmer.

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful blue colors and just the right amount of sparkle for a winter's day. This fairy is adorable, but in that outfit, she had better stick to warmer climates!!

Anonymous said...

I love her with that glitter on her wings! Such a fun image to play with!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin