Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Handmade For You!

Amish Friendship bread is a favorite in our house and when it comes around I usually make quite a few rounds of it since each loaf rarely ever lasts long enough.  I must say, a slice of Friendship Bread with my morning cup of coffee is quickly becoming my favorite breakfast! 

This time I decided to try something different and I made a round of Friendship bread mini muffins instead of a regular bread loaf. I decorated my own bag toppers and I'm giving these as gifts to the girls at work. 



My bag topper was made with stamps from DRS Designs.  I used the interlocking snowflake background (H015)
and the Handmade for You Santa (F133), red and light blue ribbon and my EK Success decorative border punch.  I was a little pressed for time and wanted to keep these toppers fairly simple. I just folded them over the top of the ziplock baggie and used to staples to adhered it to the bag.



I jazzed up these simple bag toppers just enough to keep them from looking too plain Jane by adding Stickles to the Santa image and to the center of all the Snowflakes in the background.  Doing so made the entire presentation look so much more elegant!

So...do you think they'll like 'em?
Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my heavens what a clever idea! I love Amish friendship bread- but muffins sound even better! LOL! It is packaged so cute too!

Beth Norman said...

Very cute. Your coworkers will be so happy to receive your homemade goodies and handcrafted bag.

Jessica G. said...

Oh, I love Amish Friendship bread, but it does tend to get overwhelming if you don't have plenty of people share the starter with! What a great idea to give muffins as a gift and these toppers are adorable!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin