Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Count Down is on--You ready?!?!

Four days and counting! The last few days before the big one!  You ready?

I have everything done and ready to go except the tree.  Remember last weekend I mentioned it fell??  Well that night we got it put back up, cleaned up all the HUGE mess, and we took our time decorating it again this past Saturday.  Well about 2 hours after we finished it fell AGAIN!!!!  I was so upset.  The few ornaments we managed to salvage from the first fall shattered to pieces with the second.  We never put it up again for the third time--it went right out the back door to the back yard--tree stand still attached! And there it lays on it's side, now snow covered and COLD!  

DH and I have concluded that it must be a foot too tall for the stand we have and it's trunk is crooked which made it a bit too unsteady to stand in the house. DH said that it has "scoliosis,"  in an attempt to comfort my tears.  I just can't bring myself to even put up another tree since I've spent so much time decorating it twice this year--not too mention we have to buy more ornaments.  My only dilemma is how do you have the family Christmas holiday without a Tree?

DH and I are off on Wednesday and we may drive around a bit and see if we can find any tree lots that might have a lonely tree that wants to come home with us--one without Scoliosis, and perhaps one with a discount since it's so close to Christmas. I'll let you know what we decide in a few days.    

I managed to do some stamping this weekend, which helped get my mind off the Tree disaster.  One of the cards I whipped up was this "Friends make Every Season Special" Christmas card. The snowflake image and sentiments are by DRS Designs



I used the 4 in 1 snowflake stamp to create the background using SU! Night of Navy ink.  I added some Crystal Stickles to the center of each snowflake and wrapped it with blue organza ribbon. Both sentiments are heat embossed with white embossing powder.
Well, I know that my Christmas tree mishap is just a bump in the road and we'll get over it.  I'm sure once the family comes over on Christmas Eve, it won't make a difference and we'll all sit back and laugh about it.

Hope you're surviving the holiday planning!
Until next time...

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Beth Norman said...

Such a sad Christmas tree story. :( On the brigher side, your card is absolutely stunning!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin