Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hat's On!

December, it is, and 24 days til Christmas! YIKES! I can feel the holiday stress coming on already.  However, one way I love to de-stress is by stamping & cardmaking.  Hiding myself in my stamp room makes me feel like I don't have a care in the world! Do any of you do this as well?

I love playing with all my Christmas stamps this time of year & not feeling funny about it--what I mean is, how odd would it be in April to use Christmas images then, when I should be thinking about the Easter Bunny and pastel colors?  It would just be weird and wouldn't feel right at all! So, how about a Golfer's Christmas card for today?!?!?


Stamps: DRS Designs-K448 Golf Ball Snowman, B364 One Line Merry Christmas Greeting


I created this Clean and Simple card for this week's Saturday Spolight With Hidden Potential's "Hat's On!" Challenge. This Golfing Snowman from DRS Designs is too cute, but even more adorable with his plaid hat on! He always makes for a quick card since there's not much coloring to him.  I used Copic Markers to color this image.  I colored around the golf balls with a light blue marker and then lightly lined the inside of them with a gray marker to enhance the "white look" of the golf balls since it was also stamped on white cardstock.  The sentiment I used is also by DRS Designs--it's their One Line Merry Christmas greeting and I stamped it with Real Red ink. 

Surprised there's no ribbon on this one?  I wanted to stay with the CAS theme for this as well, so I embellished it with only a single large brad. Trust me, I debated about this for a bit--ribbon is my favorite! However, I do love the way this card simply turned out!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I love the layout :) SHHHHH on the 24 days until Christmas!LOL! I am never ready!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!! I have to say that this turned out beautifully even when thinking about something else other than Christmas!! :) It's perfect!! Your coloring and layout are awesome too!! So glad you could play along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Jessica G. said...

Perfect holiday card for the golf fan! And such a jaunty cap; thanks for playing along in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love your golf ball snowman. Very clever image!! Too cute!! Great take on the SSHP!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin