Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Finishing Touches Part I: Paint!

Finally, getting to the fun part--the finishing touches of our home! Today's pictures will show the finished kitchen, and all of our painted rooms, plus the final touch put on the fireplace!












First, the Master Bedroom, in Gray and white! I let my DH (Dear Husband) pick the colors for our bedroom, since I picked everything out for the rest of the house. He likes blacks, whites, and grays so I'm not surprised with his decision. Plus, I don't mind becuase this matches our comforter set for our bed from our old house. (We received it at our wedding shower just over a year ago, so the set is still fairly new. I didn't feel it was something that needed to be replaced just becuase we were moving into a new home.)



Here is a better look at the "pan" ceiling in our room. A little difficult to see becuase of all the natural light coming in the room from the window, but each level alternates gray and white. Now, there is a white ceiling fan in the center.






Here are pictures of our master bathroom, also done in gray paint. Here the mirror has been installed & the shower doors are in place!




This picture shows 1 of our spare bedrooms. They were both painted the same color-a neutral beige, since right now we don't really have a use for them. One actually has a spare bed in it, the other is my "scrap & craft" room. Both of these rooms were hard to get good pictures of with all of the sunlight coming in from the window. The closet is actully white, not green tinted like you see here!


Here is our family room! I just love it! Walls are a darker, more of a light brown when compared to our spare bedrooms. Ceiling is of course white! Scroll down to see a close up pictures of the fireplace!



Here is our gas fireplace. Trimmed in white & same brown color that is on the walls is rubbed into the decals & then wiped off.




Ahhh, our kitchen, on the other side of the family room! Here you can see our stainless steel appliances.




This picture shows a better view of the cooking area. Here, the back splash tile is done & you can see a sneak-peek of the pedastal sink in our half-bathroom




Here's our office! Painted in olive green. I love the color. Now we have a matching area rug on the floor--no desk yet, but we recently found one we like. Currently, this room is storing all of our unpacked boxes! It's alot more cluttered than what is seen in this picture!




Next up...our "first floor" laundry room! Oak cabinets, deep utility sink, a counter to fold clothes on, & front loading washer & dryer. Oh, yeah, a big closet too! Walls are painted same color as our spare bedrooms.



Here's the chandelier in our front door foyer. Out of everything we paid for in the house, it is our best bargin so far--on clearance at Home Depot, and it looks like we paid a million dollars for it! (OK, not really, but you get the idea!)



Well, that's it for today! Thanks for looking at my blog. I hope to continue with Part II either tomorrow or Saturday with carpet, and then later down the road with furniture & window treatments! As always...stay tuned for more!


Smiles,


Jennifer

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

The green room! YAY! have I told you how much I LOVE that color? ha ha ha.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin