Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Upon The Tree

I feel like everyone often forgets about Thanksgiving and all that we should be thankful for by rushing around making Christmas a 2 month holiday. I understand it's probably hard to do when the stores have Christmas decorations out before Halloween even gets here, but I'm nowhere near decorating my tree or doing anything else Christmas right now. My house is still decorated with sunflowers, pumpkins, orange leaves and other things that celebrate the Fall harvest and Thanksgiving. At the same time though, I understand that since Christmas is such a large holiday, you have to prepare early. As we all know, this is particularly important when hand making your own Christmas cards! The card I'm sharing today was created for this weeks DRS Designs blog challenge "Hang it up."  Of course, this doesn't particularly relate to Christmas, since you can hang Fall leaf garland as well, but Christmas decorations were the first thing that came to mind when I read this challenge theme!


My card front began with a white piece of card stock that I sponged with blue ink. Next, I stamped the Cardinal On A Branch (856M) so that only the leaves at the bottom of the stamp were inked to create the Christmas tree border. I colored it with Copic markers and stamped the lower portion of DRS Designs new Lovely Gifts Christmas stamp (235G) at the bottom between the pine needles. The Nativity Ornament (526K) was stamped on another piece of white card stock and colored with Prismacolor pencils. Then it was fussy cut out and adhered in the center of the card front with red ribbon to resemble it hanging on a Christmas tree.  A big satin red bow was attached at the top of the ornament and then the card front was matted with pink card stock to match the color scheme. Finally, the card front was attached to an A2 dark green card stock base and my challenge card was complete. 

So, how is your house decorated right now? Are you eager to decorate for Christmas or is your house still decorated for the Fall harvest like mine?

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin