Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Embossed Christmas

Hi Everyone! 

I'd like to start today's post by wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! Today is all about celebrating and being thankful for all we have.  I am especially thankful for being a part of a very loving family, for having great friends and for being blessed with wonderful children, my health, and a job that helps to support our home.  I'm also thankful for being a part of the DRS Designs Design Team and for all of the stress-relief stamping has helped with, LOL!

Well, another week has gone by and a new challenge is posted on the DRS Designs Blog.  For their "I Pine For You" Challenge, you are to use any pine image, punch or die cut.  I used the Christmas Pine Oval (279L).


I heat embossed it with silver embossing powder, and then matted it with a scallop rectangle cut from metallic silver card stock. The card front was simply embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder and the bottom was embellished with white satin ribbon and a snowflake die cut attached with a small silver brad. After adhering the matted image to the upper portion of the card front, I added three fish tail banners to the upper right corner and embellished it with a red and white twine bow. I tried to keep things simple since I really thought the embossed image and metallic card stock really made this card elegant. The card base was created from metallic silver card stock and the finished size is 4.25" x 5.5".

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Smiles,
Jennifer


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin