Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Our Daily Thread

This weeks challenge on the DRS Designs blog has me thinking outside the box! The challenge is titled, "Just Half." You are to use only half an image/sentiment etc. on your challenge entry.  I've never done this before, but I think it's a great idea! Here's what this challenge inspired me to do...


I used a portion of the thread spool image from the Daily Thread Greeting (173E) to create the borders on my card front.  All of the spools were colored with Copic Markers.  The banner in the center of the card was cut out using a fish tail die and before removing it from the die, I sponged it with light brown ink to create the white border around it.  Then after matting it I tied a dark purple ribbon on the left side to embellish it. Fairly simple and way cute, don't you think?

Can I interest you in getting some FREE stamps from DRS Designs? Keep in mind that DRS Designs often has different opportunities for you to win store vouchers and earn free stamps just for playing along in several challenges. Every Thursday, a new challenge is posted on the DRS Designs Blog, and this week DRS Designs is the sponsor over at the Just Inspirational Challenges Blog. Their challenge theme is "Wishes."  Think Get Well, birthday, Christmas wishes etc. for this challenge. I hope you get a chance to play along! 

Good Luck and have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin