Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Sandcastles and Sunshine

  Hi Everyone!  In honor of the first day of Summer today, this Sandcastle and Sunshine card was created for the new color challenge on the DRS Designs blog using sand and sea colors, and the Splitcoast Ways To Use It Challenge, "Sand.It seems like forever since I've created a card for 2 different challenges, but since they both involved using sand, it turned out to be pretty easy!


I'm loving this new Sandcastle image (090G) that DRS Designs just released.  It's perfect for this time of year and paired perfectly with the Sending you Sunshine Greeting (094D). Together they make a cheerful card.  Wouldn't you agree?

 I colored the image with Copic Markers and used a wave border on the background layers.  A salmon pink cardstock panel was embossed with the Tiny Bubbles Embossing Folder and the seam where it was added near the wave border was covered with grosgrain ribbon tied in a knot. I added 2 dark brown brads to the lower left corner, which completed the look. 

I hope your Summer is off to a fabulous start!
Thanks for stopping by! 

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin