Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Spooktacular Halloween Eyes

You've already seen me post one or two Christmas cards recently so I guess it's ok to post a Halloween card then, right? We've had very un-Summer-like temperatures over the last 2 weeks and I can't help but get excited that Fall is just around the corner. With that in mind, this is what I created for the Decorative Edge Challenge this week on the DRS Designs blog.


I started with an A2 orange cardstock base. I cut the bottom of the card front about .25" and added black trim that was decorated with a border punch so that my card had one decorative edge. This fun layout shows off the Spooktacular Halloween Greeting (933F) that I used for the focal point on my card and I dressed up the sentiment banner a little by adding a punched spider web on the left side.

I enjoyed making my own background for this card by simply stamping the Spooky Eyes Background (647H) and then stamping some of the Accent Bats (517A) into the spaces between the eyes. Before matting it with black cardstock, I inked the edges with orange ink. 


Once I adhered the background panel to the card front and had the sentiment banner in place, it was time for some texture. I added 5 bat punch outs, making sure to only put adhesive on their bodies. This allowed me to fold up their wings to make them look like they were flying on the card front!! Then, with a white gel pen I added eyes to each bat.

Watch out, All those eyes are watching you!!!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Super cute card!!!

Shelia said...

Jennifer, your Halloween card is adorable! Love that background with the bats! very cute.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin