Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, August 26, 2013

No Words

I'm here today with a bittersweet post to share with you. Over the weekend I stamped this sympathy card for a dear friend of mine whose Mother passed away. She was 84, full of life and a strong fighter at the same time.

When I first started making cards, I NEVER made sympathy cards. I always thought that since handmade cards were supposed to be kept, who would want to keep a sympathy card to remember the pain and loss they felt when they received that card. However, now I feel differently --I think a handmade sympathy card is extra special and it lets the recipient know you really care. I make sympathy cards often now, and I always make sure to have a few on hand so that I have one ready to go whenever I need one. How do you feel about making Sympathy cards?


I really like how this note card turned out because I think the blue and brown together are peaceful and calming. Both stamps I used are from DRS Designs.  I used the No Words Sympathy Greeting (068G) for my focal point and used the Cross In A Cross (1022B) as an embellishment. Both of them were cut out using Nestability dies and I sponged them with brown ink before removing them from the dies. The Swiss Dots embossing folder added texture to the background and a simple brown ribbon and bow made this card complete. Finished card size measures 5" x 3.5".

Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin