Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, July 8, 2013

Wild Thing Monkey

Hi Friends! 
I'm here to share a wild card with you today! I thought this adorable Michelle Monkey (871E) was perfect with the One Line Wild Thing sentiment (218B) and Vicki's Versatile Background (369H).


I started first by coloring the monkey image with Copic Markers. As you can see I used several colors of green to draw in grass blades.  I matted it on some die cuts and set it aside while I worked on the background.  I love how Vicki's Versatile Background looks like an animal print when stamped so that the pattern is vertical--definitely a great match with that sentiment! The beige card base measures 4.25" x 5.5" and I attached the card front to it as shown.  The matted image was adhered in the lower right corner and I added the sentiment banner with dimensional tape so that it popped up from the card front. Two little dark brown flags were added to fill in the empty space in the upper left corner of the card front to make it complete.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Super cute card!Love the background!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin