Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Pines

Hi Everyone! 
Hope December is off to a good start for you and that your hand-stamped Christmas cards are well underway! I'm still working on mine and I'm happy to be sharing one of them with you today.


I started this by stamping the Triple Trees With Snow (004L) with green ink. Then I cut them out with an oval Nestie die and used red Stickles for ornaments or holly berries, however you prefer to think of them! I also added Icicle Stickles to some of the tree branches and snow mounds beneath the trees, which is better seen in the picture below.  

I've seen a lot of holiday cards recently using red, white and Kraft so I thought these colors would be good to show off my holiday pine trees.  The White Christmas Text (259P) was stamped with white ink for the background on the Kraft cardstock and the edges were distressed with the same ink for a snowy effect.


The Small Merry Christmas (520D) is a 2-line sentiment, but I cut the words apart and stamped them in one line to fit the sentiment banner using Versamark ink. Then I heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Next, I embellished the banner with a snowflake punchie fastened with a small silver brad.  Thick red grosgrain ribbon was added to the top of the card front with a big red bow before adhering it to a 4.25" x 5.5" red cardstock base. 

Viola! Another easy Christmas card is complete!

Happy Holidays to you!
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin