Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Heat Embossed Poinsettia

In the hustle and bustle of the Christmas Holiday this week, I was able to complete my heat embossed challenge card for DRS Designs blog challenge. I used the Stain Glass Window technique.


The Giant Poinsettia image (093M) was heat embossed with fine black embossing powder on Vellum. Then I turned it over and colored it with Copic Markers on the back side. Turning it over is an important step, because the alcohol in the markers causes the black embossing to smear into the image. Turning the vellum over prevents this, yet the color appearance practically looks the same. I used the SU! Top Note die to cut out the image and then embossed the Merry Christmas Arc (102E) above it.


Then I used a vellum glue stick to adhere white cardstock to the back side completing the stained glass look. This was adhered to a red card front and I added a green ribbon tied in a knot to the top. I created an A2 green cardstock base to match and my card was complete. Simple, yet very festive! I hope you too, get to play in this challenge--deadline is this Wednesday Dec. 29th.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas full of all things wonderful!

Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Karin said...

So pretty! Great technique and the embossed edges look so rich!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin