Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, November 8, 2010

CAS Christmas Bling

I've been busy playing with DRS Designs new Fall stamps, and many of those projects are still in progress.  I should have them ready to show you very soon. 

It's been awhile since I've used any of DRS Designs Ribbon Slides and since this Poinsettia slide (936D) is new to me, it was time that I finally put it to use!


I created this Clean and Simple card to show it off, and I've used a few other DRS stamps as well. On the kraft cardstock I stamped the Lines O'Plenty background (366H) with white Staz On ink. I used the white Staz On to ink the edges as well to create a snowy look.

I adhered green cardstock to the bottom of the kraft cardstock and added the Wonderful Christmas Sentiment (971F) stamped in black ink. Next I stamped and colored the Poinsettia Ribbon Slide (936D) with Copic Markers and cut out the 2 center pieces. I threaded red polka dot ribbon thru those openings and adhered the ribbon slide onto a small white piece of cardstock that was cut out using a scallop circle Nestability. I then used the ribbon to cover up the seam between the Kraft and Green cardstock panels.



The next step was a bit time consuming but it really dressed this CAS card right up! I individually adhered clear rhinestones to create a border just above the ribbon. Yep, you read that right, "clear" rhinestones. I purchase a bulk bag of the clear ones and color them with Copic Markers to match whatever project I use them on. I know I've save quite a few pennies doing it this way! It's so much cheaper than buying them in packages of assorted colors!


Finally, I adhered the card front to a red cardstock base and then used my favorite Xmas Red Stickles to dress up the poinsettia. I love its simple sparkle!


Thanks for visiting today! I appreciate it!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Karin said...

Great colors on this card and I love the ribbon slide! I will have to try coloring my gems...Awesome idea :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous use of the poinsettia ribbon slide Jennifer!! HUGS

Samantha said...

This is so pretty! I love the color combo and your ribbon slide is stunning.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin