Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

You're Invited!

How about this for your Summer BBQ invites? 
I created this card a while ago for a magazine submission call but it wasn't selected for publication :-( .  The BBQ image, the Grass Blades, and the "You're Invited" sentiment (D087) are by DRS Designs. 


This invitation was pretty simple to make.  I stamped the Brush BBQ Grill (H021) on white cardstock so that it was off-centered.  I used the masking technique to create the horizon, sponging the sky blue, and ground with olive green ink.  Then I used the Easy Grass Background (E059) to add in the grass blades.  I used pencil to draw in the steam coming from the grill, and embellished the upper portion of the image with red and white plaid ribbon with a single staple.


For some added dimension, I adhered the grill with foam tape. 

Hope you all enjoy your BBQ's this holiday weekend.

Happy 4th of July to all my American Followers!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Karin said...

Perfect summer invite! That gingham ribbon bit is fab! Looks like a picnic tablecloth :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin