Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Card Tag Is Complete!

Oh my what fun! The 4th round of Alicia's Card Tag is now complete!  It's a lot like the kids "Tag" game, but we use hand crafted/stamped cards. When you are "tagged it," you use the card of the person in line before you as inspiration to create your own card.  Here's my finished card.  I was inspired by Barbara's cupcake birthday theme and how she used buttons and border punches to embellish her card.


All of the stamps I used on this card are by DRS Designs.  First, I colored the Cherry Top Cupcake (E463) with Copic Markers.  Then I cut it out and layered it on a white cardstock circle embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. I matted it again with a red cardstock circle.  I stamped the Happy Birthday 3" Giga Cicle (L488) with SU! Real Red ink on white cardstock and used my Marvy Uchida Giga Circle punch to punch it out perfectly.  I colored in the dots with a red Copic Marker.  I stamped the Happy Moments, Happy Days sentiment (G490) on pink cardstock and used an EK Success border punch for the edges.  I added this piece to a red cardstock front and added ribbon to cover the area where the pink cardstock stopped.  I added the matted Giga circle to the center above the sentiment and embellished the front with small red buttons.  To add a bit of dimension, I stamped the cherry a second time, colored it with Copics, cut it out and adhered it in place with foam tape.  Then I added Diamond Glaze to it to give it a bit of shine.

 You can see all 10 cards from the Card Tag game HERE on Alicia's Blog and see the transition from the first card to the very last card. 

Thanks Alicia for hosting this card game.  I enjoyed it and hope to play again soon!
Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Karin said...

I love the pink and red combo...That is one yummy looking cupcake too :)

Samantha said...

What fun! That cherry looks good enough to eat!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin